Ice Bear Nagura Stone 12000 Grit
|Nagura Stone 12,000 Grit||Add to cart|
This premium quality synthetic Nagura stone is suitable for use with waterstones up to 10,000 grit.
The Nagura stone serves 2 purposes when used in conjunction with a waterstone:
1. To Develop A SlurryCreating a slurry on your finishing stones before actually sharpening your tools on them is a good practice as it will greatly speed up the sharpening process.
- To create the slurry first soak both the sharpening stone and the Nagura stone until saturated - usually around 5-10 minutes.
- Rub the Nagura stone over your finishing stone until a good slurry has developed on the surface of the finishing stone.
- The slurry can also be used to clean the stains from the surface of a blade caused by the tannins in wood.
2. Flattening High Spots On Finishing Stones
When using the finishing stone you notice a high spot developing, you can actually rub it out with the Nagura stone.
The Nagura stone can also be used as a small sharpening stone in its own right.
Stone Size : Approx 75 x 25 x 25mm
Stay Sharp at World Of Survival!!!