KING Waterstone 1000 6000 Grit, Nagura Stone and Holder
£44.95- Low Stock
King Ice Bear in Sharpening
For the serious Bushcraft enthusiast, crafts person, or ANYONE that uses a cutting tool, Japanese Waterstones are a must to keep your equipment in tip-top condition.
If you want your cutting tool to work at optimum performance, then give it the respect it deserves.
The sharper your cutting tool, the safer it is to use.
Japanese Waterstones are suitable for Bushcraft Knives, Cooking Knives, Leather Knives, Fishery Knives, Axes, Straight Razors, Plane Blades, Chisels, Gouges, and other blades used in Woodworking, Agriculture, Gardening, Stock Raising and Forestry - just about ANY cutting tool!!
Grinding AND Finishing Safely
- The 1000 Grit stone, is a top quality brand stone.
- It is used to flatten the backs of blades and forms the edge, the most important part of your cutting tool.
- Used on edges that may not require as much grinding as the 800 Grit stone.
- The superfine 6000 Grit stone is a fine finishing stone and is used to bring the metal to an absolute mirror finish, and hence an ultra sharp edge
- Stone Size 205x50x25mm
- The Nagura stone is used to deglaze and build up slurry on the surface of the 6000 Grit stone, which helps in the polishing process. The slurry can also be used to clean the stains from the surface of a blade caused by the tannins in wood.
- The Heavy Duty Non-Skid Waterstone Holder is made to hold Waterstones measuring 139mm (5.5") up to 228mm (9") in length, has contoured rubber holders at either end, one end fixed and one end sliding. It can be tightened by means of two adjustable screws to hold the waterstone firmly but gently. A central rubber block provides extra support. Rubber grips on the underside prevent your waterstone from sliding or moving about whilst you are trying to sharpen your cutting tool.
- A very worthwhile accompaniment to your waterstone collection.
- It will make sharpening non-frustrating, easier and most importantly of all, SAFER.